Monday, August 4, 2008

LifePartner





An affirmative shadow of onus is what she conserves in my life…standing like a shaft, tightly holding the spine I live on. Twenty five years have swayed in an interesting kin of our marital years…I married her…married the soul of my life.

Every dawn adorns with me with the fragrance of the veil of her black and silky hair, pouring drops of dew all around our home; mesmerizing our love in the air. Ahh, time is a tough enemy; it still ticks further…it's such a nitwit I must tell you!

The touch of her soothing hands, reassuring our love, wakes me up from my dreamland. Her love pours the strength in me, building me stronger than the breezy wind.

Anddd...the kettle whistled her away from me...as she proceeds to the kitchen...Our love travels through the freshness of Darjeeling, which comes with what is known as her special Bed Tea.

I know she is here with me...forever, our souls are united...I know that one bait, which makes my eyes close every night, is worthy of being bribed for if I always get such a beautiful morning sight.

Now as I wake up my eyes, my [just stated] desired dream flies in the sky...with a hope that I will live this reality again. I do get up with my hair untouched. The mirror is my mirror, for real...

This morning marches in my eyes...Do I have a reason to get up again? I see the kitchen with a kettle...I take my baby steps towards a big battle...Ahh...How in the world will I gulp a glass of milk...I don't think my throat will accept one more bite of this omelette.

For whom do I see this sunrise, if it fails to bring in my sun shine that brightens my life? She is not my wheelchair but is my lifeline...and I miss her...I miss her so much

When we got married, the first night that we were alone...Oh, I remember, I didn't feel it then...the two people who were, then, strangers... -- are now no more counted as the same but one.

LifePartner, if disjointed, leaves no meaning behind ... Individuality stands lifeless.

We walked the road...I still am walking...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

you have a gift of words. reading it was like slowly being immersed in moonlight speckled water. For it is rare a spark of such intense love flares into a fire that is able to sustain throughout the years. One wonders if its blasphemous to yearn for intense love if only for a moment, or to just settle for comfortable companionship that would last a lifetime.

Ashneet Kaur said...

Many things in life can give comfort. Based on an individual, one can define comforts and discomforts and their respective resources.

Love is for lifetime if we feel it.

Poorvi said...

WOW!!!!!!